If you have installed the lock for the first time or have it restored to the default factory settings, it will not work electronically. For it to work you will have to “Detect Left/Right Hand Door Installation.” You can do it with the help of just two simple steps:
- First you have to enter the default programming code (0000) and then press the brinks button.
- Then press the 0 and the brinks button to complete the process
- Afterwards the lock motor will run, accompanied by 2 beeps and 2 green lights which is to confirm that the process was successfully completed.
Now that your lock can be operated electronically. So we will head right over to further programming instructions.
- Change the Programming Code on a Brinks Digital Deadbolt
- Add/Change/Delete User Codes On Brinks Digital Deadbolt
- Delete User Codes One OR All At Once
- Add a One Time User Code on Brinks Electronic Deadbolt
- Enable/Disable Auto-Lock on a Brinks Digital Deadbolt
- Sett Auto-Lock Time Delay
- Turn Off Keypad/Indicator Sound on Brinks Digital Deadbolt
- Reset a Brinks Digital Deadbolt
- Brinks Digital Deadbolt Troubleshooting Guide
Change the Programming Code on a Brinks Digital Deadbolt
Brinks Digital Deadbolt usually comes with a 4-digit Programming Code. The code enables you to make changes to the lock programming. The various changes that a user can make are, to add/delete a User Code, enable auto-lock or reset the lock. In order to perform all these changes you need to first provide the Programming Code.
The default Programming Code is 0000. In order to ensure complete safety you must change the default programming code so that only you are allowed to make any change in the lock.
So you can change the Programming Code on a Brinks Digital Deadbolt:
- Provide your in use Programming Code and then press the BRINKS button. (For a new Brinks lock, use the default Programming Code—0000).
- Then Press button 4 on the keypad and afterwards the BRINKS button.
- Re -Enter your changed Programming Code (4 to 10 digits) and then hold down the BRINKS button to complete the process.
The lock will make a beeping sound and flash a green light once, which indicates that the Programming Code has been successfully replaced to new one.
Add/Change/Delete User Codes On Brinks Digital Deadbolt
The Brinks Digital Deadbolt is a great alternative to a traditional keyed lock. Instead of using keys, the Brinks digital deadbolt uses a 4-digit code that you can change at any time. This makes it easy to keep the lock secure without having to worry about losing or forgetting your keys.
- Press and hold the “Lock/Unlock” button on the side of the keypad, until “LOCK” appears.
- Enter your current user code (which is either 0000 or 1111).
- Press and hold the “Lock/Unlock” button on the side of the keypad, until all numbers appear in red, then release the button.
- Enter your new user code (up to 8 digits) followed by # Press and release “Lock” (or “Unlock”) button once to confirm code change, or twice if you want to delete that user code.
Delete User Codes One OR All At Once
You can delete the user code for your Brinks digital deadbolt by following these steps:
- Press and hold the “panic” button on your keypad.
- Enter your current user code and press the “enter” button.
- Enter the new user code you want to use and press “enter.” The lock will beep once and then enter a mode where you can delete all previous codes at once.
- Press the “del” button until it displays all of the codes in memory (up to eight). Press “enter” to delete them all at once.
Add a One Time User Code on Brinks Electronic Deadbolt
The Brinks electronic deadbolt lets you enter your home with a simple tap of the finger. The lock will store up to 5 fingerprints or a one-time user code.
To add a one-time user code, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the “Lock” button on the top of your lock until the LED light starts blinking (about 10 seconds). This will bring up a 4-digit number pad on your touchpad.
- Enter the 4-digit code that you want to use and press “Enter” on the touchpad. The LED light should stop blinking and stay lit, indicating that you have entered your code successfully.
- Turn the thumb wheel to lock or unlock as normal.
Enable/Disable Auto-Lock on a Brinks Digital Deadbolt
When the auto-lock function is enabled it will automatically lock the deadbolt after a specific time. You can enable the auto-lock function through the following instructions:
- Enter your in use Programming Code and then press the BRINKS button.
- Press the number 5 on keypad and then the BRINKS button.
Now that the auto-lock feature is enabled and it should lock the deadbolt whenever it’s left unattended for 30 seconds.
If you want to disable the auto-lock function, simply repeat the same steps stated above.
Keep in Mind that the default time delay before the lock automatically locks is 30 seconds. You can always set your preferred time delay according to your preference. See how to do it below.
Sett Auto-Lock Time Delay
- Enter your present Programming Code and then the brinks button.
- Press number 6 on keypad and then again the BRINKS button.
- Enter your favored time value (10 to 99) and then press the brinks button to complete the instruction.
Lock/Unlock a Brinks Digital Deadbolt
- To Lock: Press the BRINKS button on the keypad.
- To Unlock: Enter a valid User Code and then press the brinks button.
It should be noted that the lock comes with a keyhole and a physical key. So you can also use the mechanical key to lock and unlock.
Turn Off Keypad/Indicator Sound on Brinks Digital Deadbolt
- Press the “Menu” button on the back of your Brinks Digital Deadbolt.
- Scroll down to “Settings,” then press “OK.”
- Scroll down to “Sound” and press “OK.”
- Press “Off” under “Keypad Sound.”
Reset a Brinks Digital Deadbolt
This is a guide for resetting a Brinks Digital Deadbolt.
- Press the Code Reset Button: The first thing you have to do is press down on the code reset button. This will make sure that you can start the process of entering your new code.
- Enter New Code: Next, enter your new four-digit code into the keypad. Make sure that you are entering numbers and not letters! If there are any mistakes, try again until you get it right.
- Press Enter: Once you have entered your new code, press enter on the keypad so that it will be accepted by the system.
Brinks Digital Deadbolt Troubleshooting Guide
1. How do I reset my Brinks Digital Deadbolt?
To reset the Brinks Digital Deadbolt, press and hold the bottom of the keypad for 10 seconds, then release and enter your code. The LED will flash 3 times to confirm that your lock has been reset.
2. A red light is flashing on my Brinks Digital Deadbolt. What does this mean?
This means that your lock is having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi network or has lost its connection with the network. Try these steps:
Check that you have selected the correct Wi-Fi channel in the settings menu of your app. If you’re using a dual band router, make sure that you’ve selected 2.4 GHz (not 5 GHz). If you’re still having trouble with connectivity, power cycle your router by unplugging it from the wall outlet for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in again. If this doesn’t work, try restarting your phone or tablet by going into Settings > General > Reset and tapping “Reset Network Settings.” After doing this, try reconnecting to Wi-Fi again and retry opening the app if necessary.