If you want to reset your Trilogy Lock and don’t know how, this article is for you. And as you scroll down the page, you scroll down the page you will learn how to reset your trilogy lock and other functions like how to create and change user codes.
While you are deciding to factory rest your lock, keep this in mind that this action will delete all the changes & settings you have done and restore the lock back to default settings.
- Instructions to Reset A Trilogy Lock to Default Factory Settings
- Instructions To Change The Master Code In a Trilogy Lock (T2 Series—DL2700, DL2800)
- Instructions To Create A User Code In A Trilogy Lock
- Instructions To Change The User Code In A Trilogy Lock
- Instructions To Program A Timed Passage Mode In A Trilogy Lock
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
Instructions to Reset A Trilogy Lock to Default Factory Settings
The Trilogy lock is a high-security lock that can be reset if you forget your combination or need to change it. It is an electronic keypad door lock that can be set to one of many thousands of combinations. If you have access to the outside of the house, you can easily reset the Trilogy’s lock to default factory settings using these steps:
- Remove the battery from the back of the lock by pressing in on tab and pulling out on battery.
- Press and hold the red button for 5 seconds until you hear two quick beeps (this will clear out all memory).
- Replace battery and turn deadbolt to right, then back to left, then right again. The keypad light should flash green twice indicating that it has been successfully reset.
- Enter your master code afterwards to complete the factory reset process.
The default master codes for T2 and T3 are 12345 and 123456 respectively. Use your own master code if you have already changed it.
Instructions To Change The Master Code In a Trilogy Lock (T2 Series—DL2700, DL2800)
In order to perform various functions like creating and deleting user codes will require a master code. A Master Code is a 5 Digit Code that allows the users to do changes in the lock as stated earlier. The user must change the default master code for security and privacy reasons.
Here’s how you can change your Trilogy lock master code:
- Enter your in use master code and press the AL button on your lock’s keypad.
- Press number 1 on the keypad and hit the AL button afterwards.
- In the next step enter your new 5-digit master code.
- Hit the AL button on the keypad again and then enter the same new code. This will trigger a series of red light flashes and beeps. This means that the new code is received and accepted.
- Enter your new master code and check if it opens the door. If it does, that’s all the steps you need to perform for changing your master code.
Instructions To Create A User Code In A Trilogy Lock
The purpose of user codes is to allow different persons into the place without each having a key to the lock.
Follow the steps below to create a user code on a trilogy lock:
- Enter your present master code and then press the AL Button on the keypad.
- Now enter the number you want to assign that particular user and then press the AL button. This number will serve as the unique ID to that person.
- Now enter the code into the system for the user. The indicator will simultaneously illuminate red and beep for three times – indicating that the code is now in the system.
- Enter the user code once again for confirmation. Now if the indicator lights green and gives a beep it means that the code is accepted.
The process for deleting or changing the user code is almost the same.
Instructions To Change The User Code In A Trilogy Lock
- At the start enter your master code and press the AL button. After that you need to enter the number already assigned to that user code and hit the AL button.
- Now enter the new 5 digit Code in place of what you want to erase. The indicator will light red several times indicating that it received the new code.
- Input the new code again for confirmation. The indicator will glow green this time to indicate that the latter (new) code has successfully erased the former (old) one.
Instructions To Program A Timed Passage Mode In A Trilogy Lock
When you put your lock in a passage mode, it means that he lock will stay unlocked until you personally take it off or disable the passage mode. When this mode is enabled you can unlock the door by merely turning the handle. There is no need for unlocking with the code.
Follow the steps below to put your trilogy lock in passage mode:
- First you need to enter the 5 Digit Master Code and then hit the AL button on the keypad.
- Afterwards hit the number 4 on the keypad and then press the AL button. The indicator will flash red light several times indicating that the process was successful.
If you want to disable the passage mode, Follow the same 2 steps. But in the second step press number 5 instead of number 4 on Keypad.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
1. How to disable the Trilogy lock keypad sound?
The Trilogy’s built-in keypad has a built-in sound feature that can be used to alert you when a button is pressed. This feature can be disabled by doing the following:
- Press and hold the Talk button (the red button) on the keypad for 3 seconds.
- You will hear a double beep which indicates that the sound feature has been disabled.
2. What To Do When Trilogy DL3000 Won’t Lock itself?
The Trilogy DL3000 was designed to lock when you push the “lock” button on the keypad. However, if your doorbell is not functioning properly, it may stay open. If this happens, here are some things you can do to fix the problem:
- Check if the batteries are low. If they are low, replace them with new ones or recharge them in order for the bell to work normally.
- Check if there’s any damage on the battery compartment cover. If there is any damage on it, check out how to replace it here: How To Replace The Battery Compartment Cover On A Trilogy Doorbell
- If you have tried all these steps and still have problems with your doorbell, try resetting it by pressing both buttons at once for 10 seconds until it beeps twice.
3. What to do when DL3000 Lock Not Accepting New Codes during Programming?
You can do the following to troubleshoot it:
- The battery in your DL3000 lock is dead or low. You can either replace the battery, or if you have a working battery (that’s not dead), swap it with the one in your lock and reprogram the lock.
- Press and hold down any button to reset the lock.
If you are still with us till now, we would like to express our gratitude and really hope that this article was helpful for you. Just keep in mind that there are different models for trilogy locks, apply the solution specific to the model you are using.