Schlage keypad door locks are a great option for your home or business. These locks feature an electronic keypad that allows you to enter in a unique four-digit code to unlock the door. However, there are times when you need to reset the Schlage keypad lock without programming code.
- How Can I Reset Schlage Keypad Lock Without Programming Code?
- How to Change the 6 Digits Default Programming Code?
- How to Delete the Default User Codes?
- How to Enable Vacation Mode on Schlage Keypad Lock?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
How Can I Reset Schlage Keypad Lock Without Programming Code?
Sometimes these locks can develop problems or get stuck and not work correctly. If this happens, you should learn how to reset Schlage keypad lock without programming code so you can fix it quickly and easily.
- Make sure the keypad is unlocked.
- Press the Schlage button to unlock it. The Schlage button is located on the side of the lock, just below the keypad.
- Press and hold down any number on the keypad until you hear a beep. This will reset all of your settings, including your access code, master code and PINs for each user code
You can also follow another method to Reset Schlage Keypad Locks without Programming Code. Follow the steps below:
- Before starting make sure that the battery is charged and there is no damage in the circuit board or microcontroller of your Schlage keypad lock.
- Make sure that the power switch is turned off and then disconnect the battery from the circuit board.
- Remove the two screws from the back cover using a screwdriver and carefully remove the back cover from your Schlage electronic lock by pulling it slowly with your fingers from each side until it comes off completely from its place without damaging any wires or circuits inside your lock.
- Once you have removed all components from inside your Schlage electronic lock, take out its main circuit board which should be located at one end of the device near its back cover and then locate an orange wire attached to one side of it using tweezers or needle nose pliers (the wire will be labeled as “ON/OFF”).
How to Change the 6 Digits Default Programming Code?
Schlage keypad locks generally comes with a default 6-digit Programming Code. You might have changed the code formerly, but rebooting the lock will restore the default Programming Code, then you have to change this code for security reasons.
The code is mostly printed on a white sticker—which is located on the user manual along with the back of the keypad assembly (requires removing the lock from the door). Follow the instructions below to change the 6 Digit Default Code:
- First enter the default Programming Code consisting of 6 Digits and afterwards wait for the Schlage button to flash three orange lights, accompanied by three beeps.
- Next, press the Schlage button.
- Press down the key 3 on the keypad and stand by for the Schlage button to blink three orange lights, succeeded by three beeps.
- Write down a new Programming Code (6 digits), then hold on for the Schlage button to flicker orange light three times after which you will hear three beeps.
- Re-enter the new Programming Code to finish the process. The Schlage button will light green, ensued by one long beep, which indicates that the Programming Code has been successfully changed.
How to Delete the Default User Codes?
You can change your Schlage Keypad Locks, so that only you have access to them. You can also change the default User Codes (for unlocking the lock via the keypad).
To delete the two default 4-digit User Codes:
- Enter your current Programming Code on the keypad, afterwards the Schlage button will gleam orange light three times, which is then followed by three beeps.
- Press Down the Schlage button.
- Press key number 6 on the keypad and hold on for the Schlage button to flash the orange light three times, accompanied by three beeps.
- Enter the Programming Code. This step will eliminate the two default 4-digit User Codes.
How to Enable Vacation Mode on Schlage Keypad Lock?
The Vacation Mode on your Schlage Keypad Lock will provide more safety while you are away for a long time. By default, all Schlage keypad locks will automatically enter Vacation Mode after a period of inactivity. This prevents unauthorized access when you’re away from home. To disable Vacation Mode, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Schlage button for about 5 seconds until you hear a double beep and see “Vacation mode disabled” on the screen.
- If you want to re-enable Vacation Mode, press and hold the Schlage button for about 5 seconds until you hear a double beep and see “Vacation mode enabled” on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)
1. How do I program a Schlage keypad lock?
To program your Schlage keypad, follow these steps:
- Install the batteries in the unit.
- Press and hold the Schlage button for five seconds. The light will flash green once, indicating that it is ready to be programmed.
- Enter your four-digit code on the keypad and press enter. The light will flash red twice and then turn solid red, indicating that it has been successfully programmed.
2. How do I reset my Schlage Sense lock?
You can reset your Schlage Sense deadbolt using the built-in programming code. However, if you don’t know the code, you’ll need to perform a full factory reset of the unit.
You don’t always need the code to reset the Schlage keypad lock. As long as you can access the inside and outside assembly of the lock, you can simply do it by disengaging the batteries and pressing some keypad keys.
If somehow you got locked out of the house, you can’t access the inside assembly of the lock. In this case you first need to unlock it by using a physical key and later on you can reset the lock.