The Schlage turn lock feature which is also known as Lock & Leave is a locking mechanism that you can use to secure your door. It works by turning the knob 180 degrees, so it locks into place. The advantage of this feature is that it allows you to lock your door with one hand. The Schlage Turn Lock feature is available in Schlage BE365 and BE369 Keypad Deadbolts only.
Anyhow, this amazing feature does sometimes create trouble for its users and suddenly stops working, which means that you do have to enter a valid user code to lock the deadbolt before rotating the thumb.
If you have also encountered this defect in your Schlage Turn Lock, this article is definitely for you.
Troubleshooting Guide for Schlage Turn Lock Feature Not Working
1. Check that The Turn Lock Feature Is Enabled
If you have a Schlage keypad deadbolt with a turn lock feature, then the first thing to do is to ensure that this feature is enabled. To do so, follow these steps:
- Remove the cover from your deadbolt by pushing down on the finger tabs and sliding the cover back.
- Enter your present Programming Code and wait for the Schlage button to flash three orange lights and produce a beep three times.
- Press down the Schlage button and then press number 7 on the keypad to complete the process.
- Replace your cover and test if your deadbolt works properly now.
Afterwards if you see Schlage glow a green light accompanied by one long beep it means that the process was successful.
2. Factory Reset the Schlage Lock
- Unlock the deadbolt and remove it from the door.
- Press and hold the Schlage logo for three seconds; then release. The green light will flash twice.
- Press and hold the Schlage logo again until the green light flashes three times; then release.
3. Check the Lock Mechanism
If there is any dirt or debris inside of your Schlage turn lock mechanism, then this can prevent it from working properly or at all! Make sure that there are no foreign objects obstructing the movement of the keypad.
4. Check if the Batteries are Working Properly
The first thing that you need to check is whether your batteries are working properly or not. If they are not working then check if they have any corrosion on them and clean them properly with a wet cloth or alcohol so that they can work properly again. Take extra care while cleaning them because if there is any rust on them then it will damage them completely and will make them useless for further use. If you don’t have any spare batteries then replace those faulty ones with new ones immediately so that your Schlage deadbolt can function smoothly again without any interruption or troubleshooting problems at all!
Although the Schlage Turn Lock feature helps you to quickly lock your door from the outside without entering a User Code, but there is also a slight downside to it which is that any unauthorized person can lock your door from outside. So to be on a safe side always be sure that you know the implications before deciding whether to enable or disable the Schlage Turn Lock feature.